I've had "The Plan" for Owen's nursery for some time now and have just been itching to get started on it.
As most of you know, we have been waiting to finish our second floor master bedroom remodel and for us to move up there before starting anything in the nursery - primarily because we're still living in what will be the nursery lol
Well time was going by slowly and we were making progress on the remodel, but now it seems as though time is starting to speed up and I am going into panic mode :o) My nesting instincts are kicking in hardcore and I am just dying to get his nursery put together! I know that he wont even sleep in there for the first few months, so I actually have more time than I realize... but I just want to do something and plug into my creative outlet so badly lol Plus, I am soooooooooo tired of all the boxes of nursery furniture laying around my house! Between the slow accumulation of supplies and gear for Owen AND the remodel, I want my house back in order in the worst way!
So a couple of weeks ago, we finally went out and purchased the paint samples for the nursery. I figured at the very least I could put some discrete swatches on the wall and see what they were going to look like.
Well... we bought the paint and completely skipped the swatches stage lol
This weekend my amazingly wonderful BFF came over to help me all out paint the nursery :o)
If you'll recall - this is what we're going for...
I knew it was going to take a few sessions, because the first layer of paint would have to dry completely before we would tape off the grid to start working on the multi-color squares. And so that's what we did...
Just a small preview of what's to come ;o)
We painted three walls a very bright yellow (what a change from the light blue that we've had in there for so long) and the fourth wall all white, which is where the grid and multi-color squares will eventually go!!!!
The valance that you see here, is the pattern for his bed set and the inspiration for the room.
The paper lanterns will eventually be hung from the ceiling in the right corner of this picture, over the glider.
And of course our bed, which is taking up most of the room right now, will be moved out of there.
I am sooooooooo excited to continue working on this project - tonight we are hoping to get some of the other pieces of furniture put together and hopefully into the room. Since we are still technically living in there, daily functioning has become somewhat of a challenge without our own furniture. So the plan right now is to assemble some of Owen's furniture and use that until we can get upstairs.
Until then and as we make progress, I will continue to entice you guys with small tidbits like this one here and there ;o) But nothing too major until the entire room is complete and cleared out of all of our own belongings.