Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Putting Up Walls

In our attic master bedroom remodel project, that is!!!!

After a much too long hiatus from any kind of progress up there, we finally got some more work done!!!

The best part about this portion of the progress, is that it's finally starting to look like a room again :o)

For a quick recap...

This is what we started with:

(can you believe that the sellers actually tried to pass this as a livable bedroom?!)

This is what we did (complete gutt job):

Then we re-wired the electrical work and re-insulated:

Here's where we're at currently (the rebuild):

We still have quite a bit more work to do - finish drywalling this half of the room (including tape and mud), finish insulating and drywalling the other half of the room, paint, put up trim and molding, and finally have new carpet installed. But my father is promising me that this will all be done and we will be moved in up there by September, when Owen gets here... fingers crossed!

I am dying to get started on his nursery, but we need to get out of that room first!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Wow! I'm so impressed that you guys are taking on this project yourselves. What a job!