Thursday, April 28, 2011

BabySteals

My addiction to all things The Bump has introduced me to a wonderful world of moms-to-be, and some amazing resources. I swear, these ladies know everything! I've picked up so many little tips and tricks throughout my time on this site, I don't know how I ever survived without lol

Given that we're currently preparing for little Owen's arrival, one of my current favorite things about chatting with these ladies is getting the inside scoop on baby gear (reviews, safety ratings, deals, etc.). They've done all the research and so all I have to do is decide what gear we actually need/want!

One piece of equipment we've known all along that we will want, is some type of baby carrier. Of course we'll have our stroller, but sometimes a carrier is just more practical (crowded places, rough terrain, travel, etc.). And so we began looking into our options. One of the most highly recommend carriers is the Ergobaby, so I've have my eye on them for months now. It's also been sitting on our baby registry for a whopping $115 - although I am sure it would make a nice joint gift from a few people, I wasn't holding my breath that anyone would actually buy it for us.

Well today, I got an amazing little tip that these beauties were being featured on a website called BabySteals for half off!!! I was warned that they go quickly, so I rushed over to snag ours and got it!!! Woot woot!!!


After shipping, I paid only $70 for this great deal! After what would have been the tax on an in-store purchase, we ended up saving something like $55!!! More than well worth it, I'd say :o)

We do still need the infant insert for it (must be used with children until 4-5 months old), which remains on our registry but is only $25 and so the odds of someone actually purchasing that for us are much greater.

3 comments:

dave and jenn said...

Wow, what a great deal! We haven't done nearly the amount of research you have on carriers. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica O. said...

Loooove babysteals!!!

Also check out mamabargains.com

The mini social
http://tinyurl.com/4a7saqr

Zulily
http://www.zulily.com/invite/jocasio550

Totsy
http://www.totsy.com/join/ocasiojessica

I am beyond addicted!

Katrina said...

Oooooooh thanks for the tips Jessica!