Tuesday, April 6, 2010

They're Heeeere

My new Pottery Barn Painterly Paisley bedding set and entertainment tower that is :o) And I absolutely love them!!!

The PB bed set was purchased to go in our soon-to-be second floor master bedroom, which is currently being remodeled. But I really wanted to see what it looked like all laid out, so I decided to try it out in our current bedroom. Here's what we got...


Can I just say, that I am head-over-heals in love!!!

Our bedroom was already painted a baby blue color, and I wanted something a lil darker and more turquoise-blue-green for our new master bedroom. But I have to say, the baby blue actually kind of works well with this set.

My obsession with this set, began with an inspiration room -


Items from the inspiration room totaled $1,053.20 (yikes!!!)

My mission is to recreate this look in our new master bedroom, for less than $500.00 (ahhhh, much better :o)

How do you think I did?


It's obviously not complete yet - aside from the fact that it's not even in the correct room, the furniture still hasn't been painted, the hardware (lamps & curtain rods) haven't been upgraded yet, and I would still like the walls to be a little richer in color. But other than that I like to think that we're off to a pretty good start.

Our entertainment tower also arrived this weekend, and I have to say it's a wonderful upgrade from our poor wine butler that was being used to house our media equipment.


It's everything we wanted and more. It matches the rest of our furniture, has a beautiful glass door and extra storage drawer, and it fits every single one of our media devices with room to spare. What more could we ask for??? Oh yea, the $2.95 shipping helped too :o)

Needless to say it was a very exciting Friday when I woke up to all of these special deliveries on my door step. But last Friday was exciting for another reason - it was also a holiday, which meant that I had the day off from work. And not only did I have the day off from work, but it was gorgeous outside - 80° and sunny to be specific!!!

What better way to celebrate this magnificent day than with a lil shopping trip ;o) So my BFF and I headed out for some shopping and lunch. And of course, I can never come home from a shopping trip empty handed - this trip was no exception.

I have been on the hunt for a patio furniture set for our three season porch, and I finally found my dream set at Target!!! The minute I test drove these bebes, I just had to have em!!!


They are magnificent... dark brown resin wicker, extra deep seats, and plush neutral colored cushions. 


This space still needs a lot of work (that nasty grayish-blue walls, ceiling, and carpet just needs to go... ewwww!!!). The plan is to get some new neutral colored carpet, then color splash the walls with lighter brighter yellow and green accents, white trim, and window treatments. It's a work in progress, but we're getting there.
 

No comments: