Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cuz I'm leavin, on a jet plane...

Don't know when I'll be back again.

Well, I do know when I'll be back again lol our plane touches back down in town early Sunday morning. But this afternoon we are taking off and should arrive in Denver late tonight!!! Our good friends are getting married on Friday, and we are flying to Colorado to witness the nuptials and celebrate with the new Mr. and Mrs.

Bonus excitement for this trip, is the location of the wedding...

The Stanley Hotel

Otherwise famously known as 
The Overlook Hotel from Stephen King's The Shining!!!

I have been in love with this hotel since I was old enough to read the book and watch the movie, and I am sooooooo excited to finally get to visit it in person!!! I've spent the last few days watching the re-make mini series of the movie (which features the actual novel inspiring Stanley Hotel, as opposed to the random Oregon hotel that director Stanley Kubrick decided to use in the original film). I have a nice list going of all the good photo-opp locations around the hotel that I want to be sure to see, and of course we'll be going on a guided ghost tour (squeee!!!).

I shall return next week with reviews and photos (of both the hotel and beautiful wedding, of course ;o).

Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun wedding venue. Enjoy your trip!