Wednesday, August 17, 2011

36 weeks

This weeks' weight gain/loss: +1lbs

Total weight gain/loss: +4lbs

Size of Baby: Last week as a honeydew! Only one more fruit left to go!

Biggest challenges: Getting comfortable anytime of the day and in any position - nothing feels good or even ok anymore. Sleeping is of course still an ongoing battle, but now the daytime hours bring their own challenges.

Cravings: As I mentioned last week, I have been in the mood for Mexican (spicy foods - sign of labor, right? ;o). And we have plans to go to a new Mexican restaurant this Friday with our group of friends, so I'm hoping that satisfies my craving.

Gender: it's a BOY!!! Owen Richard W*****

Movement: Very active little man this week and I am loving it! Although I am pretty sure he's still sitting breech/transverse, because I can still feel his movements on the sides of my belly *sigh*

Sleep: Still slightly better this week than it has been the past month or so. I continue to toss and turn from one side to the other, but there is more actual sleep being had lately. Hopefully that is in preparation for Owen to finally be here!

What I Miss: I am starting to think it will always be my feet and ankles lol I am soooooooo over swelling and looking like a stuffed sausage! I want to see my feet again, the feet that I know actually belong to me and not ones that I have to do a double take on.

Emotions: Slowly getting a little rocky, as I get more and more uncomfortable. But again, I am trying my best to keep things in check. I am really trying to stay positive and grateful for everything, no matter what.

Best moment this week: We had our second shower this weekend and it was wonderful. My mother-in-law did a fabulous job throwing us a Hey Diddle Diddle nursery rhyme themed shower. So many wonderful family and friends came out to welcome Owen. And again, we are so blessed and lucky - Owen got some great stuff! 

Any baby related purchases: TONS of stuff from our second shower and then we went to do our registry completion, which thanks to our amazing family and friends didn't leave us much more that needed to be bought - lots of little things, we only spent about $150 to get the rest of his stuff. We also had a few duplicate returns and some cash gifts, that we used to purchase our last big ticket item the swing!

Milestones: Next week we are full term!!!

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

So cool about your registry items! What a great feeling!