We took an impromptu hiatus from our remodel over the holiday season - I honestly don't think we've worked on it since before November. But today's work holiday finally provided the opportunity to get back into the swing of things, and so we continued to trudge forward.
The last time I gave any kind of an update on the remodel was back before Thanksgiving, in my "ketchup" Busy Bee post, where I mentioned that we had been working on the electrical work and purchased all of the building supplies. So yes, that was the last time that we did any work on the remodel up until now.
Today we hooked-up or installed the light fixtures to the new electrical work. So we now have light up there!!! Which will make working into the wee hours of the night, much easier with that warm glow lol
We also installed the ventilation system for the ceiling and roof, raised the ceiling beams to heighten the room, and extended the rafters to accommodate the depth of the insulation.
Now we just have to finish installing the insulation strips, and then we can start putting the drywall back up! It's going to start looking like a room again very soon, I can hardly wait!!!
Just to recap and give you some perspective...
Here is what we started with:
This is what we did - completely gutted:
Now we're in the process of building it back up:
Someday soon, it will hopefully look something like this:
That's the plan anyway :o)
I am finally starting to feel like we're at a point in the project, where we're really going to start seeing the progress. Once the walls start going back up, it's really going to start looking like a room again!!!