Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I find myself having a difficult time getting into the holiday spirit this year - maybe it's all that we've been through recently, I don't know. But I'm saddened by this and disappointed in myself because of it... normally the holidays are my most favorite time of the year, but this year I am just not finding myself filled with that same warm and fuzzy feeling *sigh*

No less, I wanted to be sure to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow [well, today now] is Black Friday and the "official start" of the holiday shopping season. I have never been one to go out at all hours of the morning in an attempt to land "amazing deals" and this year is no exception. We actually began our shopping last week and did most of it online - there are a few things that we need to go into the store for, but Bryan will be doing that on a weekday [since he works overnights] when the crowds will be a little thinner and much less stressful.

So instead, this day begins my holiday decorating season :o) I will spend my Black Friday in the calm and warmth of my home, putting up my Christmas tree and carious other holiday decor items. I am hoping that this attempt to lighten my holiday spirits will be a successful one, and one thing that always puts me in a good mood is decorating! Especially when the opportunity to shop for new holiday decor comes about ;o) So in honor of my own special little Black Friday, I present to you this year's holiday decor inspiration:

I absolutely LoVe this entryway decor!!!!
Not only is the red/silver combo one of my holiday favorites, but there is just something about this house that helps to finally give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside :o) This is the epitome of holiday decor for me!


No comments: